Loading

Microwave Carrot Corn Coriander Muffin | Step By Step Recipes | Savory Muffin

With the holidays setting in for the kids, I am sure we are going to have our hands full for the whole of next week. Though Konda's holidays started off earlier this week, boys had their school and were most reluctant to leave after their non stop playing that three of them get down to. This also means that I got to plan for to make for them during their holidays.

Last evening when I got back home after work, Chinnu came running to tell me something very important. He was looking so eager and enthu to say that his sister told him that Christmas Thatha will come soon to give them gifts. When I asked him how he knows and why should that happen. He replied with a surety that it is going to happen. Now I have a task of making sure that happens.

And yes I have been planning to make a fruit cake this year. Though I haven't soaked any fruit, I am bent on trying out an eggless one, so I have been eternally in search of one that will fit my bill, which is easy to make! I have finalized on quite a few, got to narrow it down to the final one. Wish me luck, though I have baked many flavors, fruit cake I have never attempted. What is Christmas without a fruit cake tell me? This is what hubby dear says, though we normally buy it, this year I am keen on baking it myself.


Coming back to these savory muffins, when Mons alerted again on the Microwave Savory Snacks for this month, I thought I ought to do something. Well that something finally clubbed with my latest obsession which being muffins and here you read on the savory muffins.

Like a chain reaction that reminded me of Laks and her days of obsession with muffins. When she had posted her savory muffins, all I did was drooling virtually dreaming when I will be baking those cute little ones, myself. Yes I remembered those days and I knew I had to make those. I naturally assumed she had done in microwave mode, only to see she had baked. Well when there is a need, you got to address it right. So I ended baking this in both modes.

I adapted her recipe and included few more that I had on hand. These fresh corn kernels were lying around in the fridge for a while. Amma had got them a week back and everyday Athamma would look at it and then me with a look. I safely avoid her looks and carry on with my work. I finally had to do something, at least not to waste those kernels. So I had to put them into these for another twist in the taste, if you know what I mean.

These make a great breakfast, I am not a sweet person for breakfast. So these work out best.

Step by Step to make Savory Muffin with Carrot, Corn and Coriander!


Add the grated carrot to the flour,
Puree the tomato.
Add to the flour along with the baking powder, baking soda.

Wash and add the Corn kernels

Now goes the pepper powder.

Mix and then add the finely chopped coriander and olive oil

Mix everything together.

Pour into the greased silicone muffin tray

The above muffins are baked in Microwave mode


These are baked in convectional mode at 185 degree C

Carrot Corn Coriander Muffin

All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 cup
Carrots, grated – 3/4 cup
Corn Kernels - 1 cup
Fresh Coriander, finely chopped - 1/2 cup
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Cooking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Curds / Yogurt – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes puree – 1/2 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp

Preparation:

If using Microwave mode, grease or line the silicone Muffin tray.

If using convectional baking mode, grease or line your muffin baking tray. Pre-Heat the oven at 185 degree C.

Method to prepare:

Grate the Carrots, add to the flour along with baking powder, cooking soda, salt, pepper.

Add in the tomato puree, corns and milk. combine everything well. then add the coriander leaves, curds.

Finally add the olive oil.

Microwave Mode:

Pour a spoon of batter into the silicone cups.

Microwave for 3 minutes. Allow it to cool before removing.

Convectional Baking:


Pour the batter into the non stick muffin tray.

Bake for 18 minutes at 185 degree C. Then allow it to cool down over the rack.



These tasted great next day for breakfast with just a touch of sauce. But these work out well as a quick snack for kids for evening.

Sending this to Monika, who is hosting the Microwave Easy Cooking themed on Savory Snacks. 
Follow RecipesDream