Loading

One Pot Mac & Cheese

My kids love a bowl of good old fashioned mac & cheese from a box.  I personally can't stand the taste of the processed cheese and hate that my kids are getting little to no nutrition from it, so they only rarely get it as an occasional treat for lunch on a day off of school (like today).  Then recently my friend Kristi shared this recipe with me and I was intrigued.  It's just as easy as the boxed variety and it's actually made with REAL cheese and whole grain noodles (if you so choose).   In other words, it's super easy, nutritious, messes only one pot, and actually tastes good.   No more blue boxes for me!

Click here for printable recipe.  

The ingredients:

4 cups water
2 cups milk
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 lb. macaroni noodles (or other small pasta)
3 cups grated cheddar cheese

Directions:  In a large saucepan, mix water, milk, bouillon, and pasta.  Bring to a boil and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, until nearly all of the liquid is gone and the pasta is tender (about 10 minutes).  Remove from heat and stir in cheese.  Enjoy!
Follow RecipesDream