Loading

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

IMG_4169

You won't believe it. But it's true. This is the first time I've ever made chicken noodle soup. I KNOW, right? Moving past the initial shock of MOI putting off THIS recipe for so long, let's take a minute and experience the glorious qualities of chicken noodle soup. 

It's warm. 
It's hearty. 
It's healthy. 
It's everything that makes you think of "home."

My favorite form of chicken noodle soup is not one of the broth-heavy types. That genre of soup is perfect for cold and flu season, but if I want a bowl of soup, I want some consistency, you know? So I filled my pot full of vegetables and chicken, and finally, the perfect amount of noodles. The result was exactly what I love--and everyone else loved it too (we shared with our small group.)

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
serves: 6-8 

Ingredients
5 cups chicken broth (or bouillon)
5-6 cups water
2 cups carrots, sliced thin
1 cup celery, sliced thin
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper
2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup dry egg noodles

Directions
Mix all ingredients except the noodles into the crockpot pot. Keep chicken breast whole (or use pre-cooked, cut up or shredded chicken) and cut up or shred before adding in noodles during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Cook on high 4 hours, then turn to low until ready to serve. 
Follow RecipesDream