Loading

Cashew Nut Pakoda Curry ~ Weekend Cooking

For almost a year in between I was off the task of packing a lunch box for hubby dear. Not that it made any difference to what I cooked but at least removed the task of planning to cook those dishes that stayed hot for lunch. So most dishes that I make end up in Lunch box Series.

I find that I rarely plan for something new for the dinner as it gets late by the time I get home. When I decided on the Blogging Marathon I had to ensure I get back and immediately start on the cooking for the next day. When I started the second marathon, my boys used to come very excited to check if I was making any cakes or chocolates. They lost their interest after the third day as they are still not initiated into Chaats. By the time I got into the third marathon, they stopped bothering to check what I was making. So I decided I ought to get their interest back..:)

Coming to today's recipe, this was prepared along with Aloo Gobi Pulao and made a great combo with it being spicy. And a wonderful weekend special.


Cashew Nut Pakoda Curry

Ingredients Needed

For the Pakodas:

Whole Cashew nuts, plain - 100 gms
Besan / Chickpea flour / Bengal Gram flour - 150 gms
Ajwain / Bishop's weed - 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour - 2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying

For the gravy:

Onions - 150 gms
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Tomato puree - 1 cup
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 2"
Cardamom - 2
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Water as required
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp

Method to prepare:

The Cashew pakodas:

Take all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Slowly add little water and mix to a tight dough. The flour should be covering the cashews completely and should not be loose.

Heat a kadai with oil, gently drop the cashew nuts into hot oil and cook on both sides until it is golden in colour. Remove on a kitchen towel and keep it aside

To make the gravy

Heat a pan, add the whole garam masala. Sauté well. Then add finely chopped onions.

When the onions start turning colour, add the ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2 mins, then add the tomato puree, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric. Allow it to cook for couple of minutes.

Then add water to get a thick consistency. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins. Finally add the finely chopped coriander leaves.

Just before serving, add the fried cashew nut pakodas.

Serve with Aloo Gobi Pulao.


Check other Vegetarian Gravies.

Follow RecipesDream