Loading

Broken Wheat Sweet Porridge | Samba Godhuma Sakkara Pongal | Ugadi 2011 Greetings!

Ugadi Greetings to all my dear readers and Friends.

Hope you had a great festival day today. With all of us not being in the best of our health, we just wanted to keep the pooja simple. Of course we can't let the day go off without us making the Poli, and Vankaya Urlagadda Kura,  Ugadi Pachadi,

We are slowly getting back to normal things. Never thought a simple cold and cough can be so terrible. The day is special in another way being I completed 6 years at my  current office. Our management has the wonderful gesture of sending flower bouquet and a signed card. Every year I get that, it makes me feel so good. More than my own reaction, I love the way my family reacts. 

Getting back to the sweets that one can make, this sweet pongal is made with Samba Godhuma. Turned out so well. 



 Broken Wheat

Broken Wheat Sweet Pongal

Ingredients Needed:

Broken Wheat - 1/4 cup
Jaggary - 1/4
Water - 1 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp

Dry ginger/ sonti (opt)
Fennal (opt)
Cardomon
Kopra,grated (opt)

Method to prepare:

Boil the broken wheat with water and milk until done.

Melt jaggary in another pan. Remove scum if any.

Once wheat is boiled, add the jaggary to the pan. Cook till everything gets well mixed. Finally add Sonti, Fennel and Cardamon.

Both Sonti and fennel are optional but adds great taste.


Enjoy the week ahead!

Ugadi Celebrations 2010
Ugadi Celebrations 2009

Follow RecipesDream