Loading

Cheesecake Pancakes with Strawberry Topping

 When I saw this recipe in my latest copy of Food Network magazine,  I literally couldn't stop thinking about them (yes, I can be a little obsessive when it comes to food).   I bought the ingredients and tried THREE times to make them without success, for each time I went to make them the kids had devoured my strawberries before I got to them.   Finally I sent my husband to the store to buy some more strawberries AFTER the kids went to bed and cooked up a big double batch the next morning!  These are supposed to be a knock-off of IHOP's Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes and while I've never had the privilege of eating their version, I can say that these are a culinary treat totally worth a diet cheat day!  I couldn't help but smile every time I bit into a REAL CHUNK OF CHEESECAKE and I was totally in love with the graham cracker/cinnamon bits of crust in there too.  I figure with a big helping of fresh strawberries on the top, it was practically healthy  ;-)   and perfect for an impressive Easter brunch.  
Click here for printable recipe.  


The ingredients:

1-1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 Tbs.  seedless strawberry jam
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups buttermilk
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake
Cooking spray
Butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, for topping (optional)

Directions:  Mix the strawberries, jam and 2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl; set aside.  (NOTE:  If your family likes strawberries as much as mine, you may want to double the topping recipe.) 
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. 


Pulse the flour, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.


 

Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes.

Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Serve the pancakes topped with the strawberry sauce; top with butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, if desired.

Enjoy!
Follow RecipesDream