Loading

Grace's Birthday Cake



We recently celebrated my oldest daughter's 7th birthday.  In our house we have "big" parties every other year (last year was Grace's big year).  This year, we celebrated with a simple homemade cake, decorated with chocolate rocks by Grace.  The "rocks" were in keeping with the theme for the day, which included going to an indoor rock climbing gym, along with two friends.  I enjoyed the freedom of a very simple birthday and took pleasure in adding just a few stylish details... pretty candles, mini milk bottles and fun straws.
I guess now that her "small" birthday year has passed, I get to start planning for a "big" party next year!  I already have a few ideas...

~Sources~
Tall candles- Sur la Table
Mini milk bottles- Mine were a gift from a friend, similar available from Sharnel Dollar Design.
Blue striped straws- Garnish.
Follow RecipesDream