Loading

Hellmans Mayo Chocolate Brownies

A bloggy friend of mine over at fishfingers for tea shared with me a recipe for these delicious Brownies

I have to admit, I was a bit sceptical at first about putting mayonnaise into my brownies, but after convincing myself that it is only eggs and oil I came round to the idea. The only changes to the original recipe that I have made are the removal of walnuts and the dark chocolate was replaced by some roughly chopped Easter eggs (it is the season of eggs a plenty after all)

Find the original inspiration for these brownies on
 http://fishfingersfortea.blogspot.com/2011/04/you-put-what-in-your-brownies.html
Makes: 16

40g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder
140g milk chocolate, broken into small pieces (I used Easter eggs - cadbury chocolate)
3 medium eggs
225g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
8 dollops* of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise (110g)
*A dollop is one level tablespoon of Hellman's mayonnaise (15ml)
Method

Lightly grease a 23cm square foil tin
Sift the flour with the baking powder and cocoa.
Put the chocolate into a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of hot water and leave until melted (alternatively, microwave on medium power, stirring occasionally, until just melted).
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened.
Whisk in the chocolate mixture.
Fold in the flour mixture and mayonnaise
Pour into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for about 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
First up to taste the Brownies were my two children who were hovering like flies waiting for the oven timer to go off, followed rather swiftly by the rest of the family who could not believe that they were made with mayonnaise (I told them afterwards) The texture was much lighter than traditional brownies and according to the Hellman's website the calories are a lot lighter too.

They were best enjoyed with a coffee and a little double cream over the top & as I myself am eating healthy and have not yet tasted these delights, however I have put half of them wrapped in baking parchment and clingfilm at the back of the freezer for when I allow myself to try these wonders of baking!

For more recipes and information on using Hellman's mayonnaise when cooking visit


Enjoy!

 
Follow RecipesDream