Loading

Mad about Madhur

Sometimes I really, really love my job. Being a pen for hire has its drawbacks - recently I've had some tedious times writing about ridiculously expensive wallpaper for a footballers' magazine, not to mention compiling some "fun facts about nudism" for a rather low-rent women's mag - but tomorrow I'm interviewing Madhur Jaffrey.

In case you've been living under a rock for the last 50 years, Madhur Jaffrey is to Indian food what Julia Child was to French, in that she made it accessible and inviting for Western home cooks ("servantless", I think Julia would have called them). She's written more than 30 books - mostly on food - and is still a powerhouse of energy at nearly 80. She's also an acclaimed actress and is sometimes credited for introducing Ismail Merchant to James Ivory (in whose films she often starred).

So I am hugely excited about this, but a bit daunted all the same. What would you ask Madhur Jaffrey if you had the chance? Go on, here's your opportunity...
Follow RecipesDream