Loading

Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon Sauce

My mother-in-law came through, once again, with another amazing recipe!!  She sent this recipe to me last week.  The original came from About.com, but she made her own changes.  She's gifted in that department.  I had just bought a couple of pork tenderloins that I was trying to decide how to prepare.  I am happy that she passed this keeper along to me.  It's definitely going in my favorites file.  For extra flavor infusion, pierce tenderloin all over with a fork before marinating.  It turns out very moist and so delicious!!  Enjoy~

Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon Sauce



Ingredients:

1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon ( I used Maker's Mark)

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 very large cloves garlic, chopped

1/4 scant cup Dijon mustard

2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely minced

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1/4 cup vegetable oil ( I used canola)

dash hot sauce

1 or 2 pork tenderloins - 1 1/2 - 2 pounds


Preparation:

In blender or food processor, combine bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and oil; pulse until smooth. 
Place tenderloin and marinade in a food storage bag; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cook 4 inches from a hot charcoal fire for 15 to 25 minutes or until the pork has reached 165 degrees internally and is no longer pink in the center - careful! Do not overcook! Baste often while cooking. Let rest a few minutes when done, then slice in 1/2-inch thick slices to serve. *I doubled this recipe for two tenderloins and marinated it overnight.  I wanted it good and saucy:)



 
Follow RecipesDream