Loading

Another compensated post. Don't get mad.





This is a compensated post. Coca-Cola is paying for my travel, lodging, and activities in Atlanta, and BlogHer is paying me to write this post. 

I know, I know. You hate it when bloggers get paid and "sell out." I get it. But some of these offers are so good I'd be stupid to pass them up, and I try my hardest not to be a stupid person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m getting on a plane in a few days to fly to Atlanta, Georgia to attend the Conversations with Coca-Cola blogging leadership event that will be held at Coca-Cola’s national headquarters.

I’m kind of excited.

I’ve always been a Coke girl. When I order a Coke in a restaurant and the waiter asks, “is (insert competitive product) okay?” I say no and change the order to an iced tea. I don’t know if this is because of marketing prowess, stubborn tastebuds, or habit. I can’t think of another product I’m so brand loyal to--- usually I go for what’s on sale, or try something new/different upon recommendation or because of slick advertising.

Because of this brand loyalty, I immediately said YES, PLEASE when asked if I’d like to attend the event.

That, and it’s a free trip. F.R.E.E.
I’ve always been one to embrace the free.

The focus for this upcoming conversation is Living Positively, which is something I definitely try to do on an (almost (--- because really. this is real life, here.)) daily basis. I try to Live Positively by remembering to take time to be thankful. to breathe. to listen more than I speak. to cut myself slack. to model wise choices for my girls. to help when needed, yet refrain from doling out the assvice.

I’ve always been a big reader of personal development and self-help books. I believe that one of life’s meanings (of which I believe there are many) is to continuously self-reflect. to grow. to try to understand different perspectives. to learn something new everyday.

and evidently to use lots and lots of uncapitalized prepositional phrases!


I want to ask about getting Coke products in our school district. Not the actual soda, but perhaps Minute Maid, Odwalla, or Dasani water. This is a rather tight rope to walk, since many of my peers are against any advertising in schools, but our school district needs funds, badly. We no longer have PE, music, summer school, or any enrichment programs. Our classrooms are badly overcrowded, and I’m worried the teachers are beginning to “phone it in” in some cases. I, too, worry about advertising directly to kids, but I also worry about my kid getting lost in the shuffle because of over-crowding.

Do you have any questions for the Coca-Cola corporation that you’d like me to ask?
Follow RecipesDream