Loading

Blackberry Streusal Pie

IMG_7527

With the abudance of fresh blackberries, I couldn't let the pie-making opportunity pass me by. I am so glad I made this pie. I sifted through 10 or 15 different blackberry pie recipes before coming to the conclusion I was going to need to create my own version. The part I was most concerned with was creating a thick enough berry filling--no one wants their pie running all over their plate. 

This is fast and easy to throw together--especially if you have a homemade pie crust frozen and ready to use. ;)  




Blackberry Streusal Pie
recipe by recipesdream.blogspot.com
Serves 8-12


Ingredients
4-5 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and dried
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp corn starch

for the streusal
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries sugar and salt. Add in flour and corn starch and fold together. 

In a separate bowl, cut together the butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon until crumbly. 

Pour blackberry mixture into the bottom of a prepared (uncooked) pie crust. Sprinkle the streusal on top.  

Place pie on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Cover loosely with tin foil and bake another 25-35 minutes, until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown. 

Let cool completely before serving.  
Follow RecipesDream