Loading

Surprise Chocolate Pie

I call this my "Surprise Chocolate Pie" because of the sneaky ingredient that makes it creamy and healthy....tofu. NO....don't skip this post yet! I promise that once you take a bite of this delicious chocolate silk pie, you will be shocked at how amazing it tastes!! It's fun to serve this to unsuspecting eaters. They won't have a clue that there is tofu in here. When you tell them, I promise, they'll be in awe. As a matter of fact, don't tell them at all. They'll never know....
The pie filling is Alton Brown's Moo-Less Chocolate Pie recipe. I love Alton's recipes and his quirky sense of humor on "Good Eats".  All of his recipes that I have tried have been great. I made my own homemade graham cracker crust (see my Easy Graham Cracker Crust recipe)and added a creamy cool whip, cream cheese topping with dark chocolate shavings. It does not disappoint.....and takes this recipe to the next level of awesomeness.   Enjoy~

Surprise Chocolate Pie



For the crust:
*Use my Easy Graham Cracker Crust recipe.

For the Pie:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur (you can substitute almond milk here, but the Kahlua is great)
1 block of organic silken tofu *see picture below
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey



For the topping:
8oz container of Truwhip (if you cannot find this product, use cool whip lite)
8oz reduced fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp powdered sugar (I love whey low powder here)
Dark chocolate bar for shaving

Directions:
Melt chocolate chips in the microwave.  I do this in 35 second intervals and stir in between.  It takes less than two minutes.  Add vanilla and Kahlua (or almond milk) and stir.




Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture and honey in a blender jar.  Liquefy until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally.



Pour into cooled pie crust and refrigerate for 2 hours. 


Now, whip up the topping: 
Combine Truwhip (or cool whip), cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer.  Blend until smooth.


Top chilled pie with cream frosting and add dark chocolate shavings on top.  Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  Delicious~


Follow RecipesDream