Loading

Blueberry Muffins

This recipe came from my friend, Donna, at My Tasty Journey.  I read her blog post about these delicious egg-free, gluten-free muffins and I had to give them a try.  Her description of them tasting like chewy blueberry cookies made me very hungry!!  I used Bob's Red Mill gluten-free oat flour to make these muffins.  You could also substitute soy milk for the regular milk to make this a vegan treat.  I added a sprinkling of raw sugar on top before baking for a nice, sweet crunch.  Thank you, Donna, for a great recipe addition.  Her recipe is adapted from The Skinnygirl Dish.  Enjoy~

Blueberry Muffins



Ingredients:
3 cups oat flour (such as Bob's Mill)
1 1/2 cups raw, turbinado sugar
1 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup fat free milk (I used 1 % and you can also sub unsweetened organic soy milk)
1/4 cup canola oil or melted butter (I used melted best life butter stick but slightly warmed coconut oil would be fabulous here for a vegan option)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pint fresh organic blueberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cupcake pan with liners (makes 12 large muffins).  Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl, combine milk, oil or butter and vanilla.  Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.  Gently stir in blueberries.


Using an ice cream scoop, drop batter into liners.  Sprinkle a little raw sugar on top of each muffin before they go into the oven.


Bake 20-40 minutes until tops are set.  Donna's took 40 minutes and the original recipe said bake for 20 minutes.  Mine took exactly 30 in my oven.  Cool and enjoy.

Follow RecipesDream