Loading

For the love of cake stands...



There is quite a list of earthly possessions I would love to have that I don't.   I don't have granite counter tops, I don't have pretty appliances (you've seen my kitchen, here).   I have never owned a designer handbag... or designer anything for that matter.  And if you have two bathrooms in your house, you have twice as many as I do!  But, if I ever start feeling sorry for myself, I can always go look at my 
CAKE STANDS!
Oh yes, my gorgeous little collection of cake stands!  (My husband might take issue with the words "little collection")  OK, so I may have a bit of a cake stand problem... 


And what a beautiful problem it is!! 
But wait... there's more....


And to be fair, there are actually a few (or a dozen) that I didn't pull out.  But come on... how can I say no to any of these... it would be like choosing a favorite child (OK, maybe I'm being slightly dramatic!)



I'm thinking there may be a few of you out there with my same "problem"... anyone?? 

To answer the many questions I get on where I bought specific stands...
A few things... I always try to link to the sources of my supplies when I post something new.  If I did not include any information on the "props" in a photo, it's usually because I've had the item for quite a while, and so it would be pointless to mention where I found it. 

So, I'll add a few specific links here, and also lots of general sources...
The set of three white square stands is from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's.
The tiny little cream/white individual cupcake stands I bought from a little store in Capitola, California, but I have seen them on line at Farmhouse Wares.
Most of the rest of mine are from e-Bay, Homegoods, Marshalls (TJ Maxx, Ross, etc).
Other places to check if you're looking to expand your collection are Target, Crate and Barrel, Hobby Lobby, and Sweet and Saucy Supply.
For any of my Australia readers, my dear friend Sharnel has a gorgeous collection of stands in her on-line shop, Sharnel Dollar Design

Oh, and to answer one more potential question, "where do you keep them all?".  I recently had my handy hubby transform our hall coat closet into a cake stand closet... what, you all have a "cake stand closet" don't you???
Follow RecipesDream