Loading

Microwave Khoya Aloo Matar Recipe | Potato Peas curry with Khova | Step by Step Recipe

When Monika decided to showcase Potatoes for this month's Microwave Easy Cooking Event, I planned that I should make atleast couple of them for the event. Though I made a very quick Potato Roast, which I had sent for Konda's lunch, I couldn't make anything. When I suddenly realized that it was almost the end of the event deadline, I quickly wanted to make something.

I took out the cookbook that came along with the microwave and flipped through it. I saw that there weren't that many Potato recipes that I could make. Then I saw this Khova Peas Curry. I had the left over Khova that I used to make the Kesar Kulfi, so it was good that I get to use it in another new dish. Since the recipe ought to be more of a potato, I thought I should make a kofta and use the base. But seeing that I didn't have that many fresh peas, this dish can be called Potato as it had more Potato in it.

Step by Step Recipe with pictures to make Khoya Aloo Matar at home:











Ingredients Needed:

Potatoes - 2 large
Peas - Handful
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Salt to taste
Khoya - 100 gms
Cashew nuts - 10

For the paste
Onions - 2 medium
Red chilis - 2
Ginger - 2"

Spice powders

Red Chili powder -1  tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
How to make Khoya Aloo Matar:

Before starting with the paste, make sharp marks with knife on the potatoes and microwave the Potatoes for 6 mins. Once done, soak in water, peel the outer skin.

Meanwhile, make a paste of onions, Red chilies and ginger. Keep it aside.

Microwave cashews, cubed potatoes, peas for 2 mins.

Then in a microwave safe bowl, add 2 tsp oil and the onion paste. Microwave for 6 mins.

Next add the tomato puree, spice powders, micro for 2 mins. Once done, add 1 cup water and microwave for 6 mins.

Then add the khova, mix well. Micro for 2 mins. Finally Add the cashew, potatoes and peas. Micro for 3 mins.

Serve hot with rotis.


Sending this to Monika who is guest hosting the MEC themed on Potatoes this month.

Will be back tomorrow with a quick Roast.


Follow RecipesDream