Loading

Linens and Lingerie {Wedding Shower}



Last weekend I had the pleasure of helping my sister (Joy) host a bridal shower.  The shower was for a lifelong friend of my sister's (and our family's).  The theme that my sister and the bride came up with was "Linens and Lingerie", and it was a fun day to just enjoy being girly!  The party was decorated with framed images of 1940's and 50's housewives, and also vintage pin-up girls, to tie in with the Linens and Lingerie theme.   


We (myself, my sister, and several friends of the bride) prepared a beautiful and delicious lunch that was enjoyed by all!  

 ~ Menu ~
Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Croissants (made by the host, similar to my delicious recipe here)
Spinach Salad
Tomato Bruschetta
Fresh Fruit Salad
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Petite heart shaped sugar cookies (made by me, recipe here)

I brought lots of my favorite serving dishes and stands and enjoyed setting up all of the pretty food.


 (Above) 
 Beverages were served out on the patio (where we enjoyed the lunch and party).  Drinks included water (with fresh lemon and orange slices), iced tea, and a delicious cocktail (recipe soon)
(Below) 
The large patio was adorned with potted flowers and more framed images to pull in the theme.


An extra fun and girly element of the party involved lots of pretty panties!!  Each guest was asked to bring a (new) pair of panties (in the bride's size) that represented them.  The panties were displayed on ribbon, with mini clothes pins (available at Wal-Mart and other craft stores).  They made a really fun display!  During the party, the bride was asked to guess which guest brought which pair of panties.  Party guests also got to participate, by guessing (ahead of time) how many panties the bride would be able to correctly match.  In this case, the lovely bride got 3 out of 20!  =)




(Above)  The beautiful bride along with the corset cookies I made as favors.  Several hours of decorating cookies was well worth the fun ooh and ahhs by the bride (and guests!).  More images of the cookies are in my previous post, Wedding Shower Lingerie Cookies

The Linens and Lingerie party was a beautiful success (thanks to lots of great planning by my sister Joy, some pretty details I enjoyed adding, and help from several friends).  It was a beautiful day to just enjoy being in the company of friends, enjoy delicious food, and shower the bride with lots of love and beautiful gifts!
Follow RecipesDream