Loading

Beach Wedding Cookies



Earlier this week, I shared the collection of desserts I prepared for a beautiful ocean side wedding.  Today I'm back with a few more details on just the cookies.  I decorated three styles of cookies for the wedding... some very simple, yet pretty shells, small square monograms, and some extra detailed starfish. 
I have already posted a tutorial on How to Decorate Shell Cookies
The monograms are pretty self-explanatory.   
And today I'll share the directions for the starfish cookies. 


I started with my favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe, and a batch of Royal Icing.
I prepared the royal icing in a nice medium brown color, in both a thick (outline) consistency, and also a thinner (flood) consistency.  I also prepared a bag of thick white icing.  For this design I also used some ivory colored sugar pearls. 


~ How to decorate starfish cookies ~

1.  Outline and flood the starfish in brown.  While the icing is still wet, add sugar pearls (as shown).
2.  When the brown icing has set (at least 1 hour), use thick white icing (I used a #1.5 PME tip) and pipe rows of small dots, starting from the sugar pearls, and getting slightly smaller (if possible) toward the outer points of the "star" 
3.  Begin piping lots of dots (of thick brown icing) all over the starfish (I used a #1.5 PME tip).  I prefer to star from the outside and work in. 
4.  Continue filling the starfish with brown dots for texture all over. 
*Please do not send me any hate mail if you try these... they are very time consuming!  I would not suggest attempting a platter of 100, but a few mixed in with other shapes makes a really beautiful display. 


Happy Decorating! 
Follow RecipesDream