Loading

Salsa Chicken and Rice

This recipe is about as unpretentious and simple as you get.  I won't win any culinary awards for this one, lol.  What I love about this "clean eating" dinner is that it's simple, quick, has minimal ingredients and delicious.  Not to mention, my kids love it.  This is good to eliminate the "whine factor" at mealtime. :)  I can have this dinner on the table in under 15 minutes.  It's great for busy days when I haven't planned ahead, which seems like a lot lately.  I try to keep speedy meal ingredients in the house for days on the run.  I love cooking rice in my rice cooker, but I keep the Uncle Ben's whole grain brown ready rice in my pantry for fast meals.  In 90 seconds, rice is done!  If only they could come out with an organic version... 

Salsa Chicken and Rice



Ingredients:
1 lb boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
2 16 oz containers mild salsa (such as Jack's Special salsa)  I use 1 mild and 1 medium or your favorite prepared salsa
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp (or to taste) fajita seasoning blend (I use Archer Farms)
2 packages Uncle Ben's whole grain brown ready rice (cooked) or cooked brown rice

I love Archer Farms fajita seasoning (at Target).  It is great for this recipe.


Uncle Ben's ready rice is a huge time-saver!


Jack's special is a favorite in our house.



Directions:

Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.


Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add chicken and saute until lightly browned.  Turn heat down to medium and sprinkle chicken pieces with fajita seasoning.  Stir.  Add salsa and cook for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through, turn down heat and simmer for 5 more minutes until salsa has thickened. 


Prepare rice and top with chicken mixture.  This dinner is waistline friendly and fast!!  Enjoy~
Follow RecipesDream