Loading

Crockpot Corn Bread

Look out for new crockpot recipes all week here on Recipes Dream.  Jen and I have been experimenting and have some new, no-fuss recipes to share with you,  just in time for the upcoming  holiday season (only 73 shopping days until Christmas)! 

Whenever I make tacos I always feel the need to make corn bread. I love a good moist, flavorful corn bread. (I absolutely love the sweet corn Tomalito from Chevy's , but that's another story and yes, I'm working on duplicating it!).  On warm days when I don't want to turn on the oven, I turn to my crock-pot for making corn bread. This recipe is a great basic corn bread recipe, which could be tweaked in many different ways (perhaps a can of diced green chilies, or some bacon bits, or a sprinkle of cheese).  If you try something good, let me know! 
Click here for printable recipe. 

Posted by Jen.


The Ingredients:

1 1/4 c flour
3/4 c cornmeal
1/4-1/2 c sugar (depends on how sweet you like it)
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg
1 1/4 c milk
1/3 c melted butter
1/2 c sour cream (optional if you want it more moist)
1 c sweet corn kernels, (optional if you like that sort of thing)
(you could try creamed corn but just use about 1 c milk instead. I would have used it, but I didn't have any one hand)

The Directions:

Thoroughly grease the inside of your crock-pot.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Mix in the wet ingredients so it is all blended and moistened. Pour into the greased crock-pot.


Cover and cook on High for 2.5-3 hours. It will get dark around the edges, but you want to make sure that the inside is cooked. When the inside is cooked through (you know this by inserting a tooth pick), then turn the heat off and remove the lid to let any excess liquid go away.This is a good basic recipe. Have fun doctoring it up. Let me know if you have any other interesting things you like to add to corn bread. I'm always up to try something new.

Follow RecipesDream