Loading

RANCH SALAD DRESSING

Last year, I tried a lot of salad dressing recipes. I like knowing what is in my dressing, not to mention the big $$ savings. Even though some of the recipes that I tried were "very close", there were no "BINGO!!" moments when it came to my favorite ranch dressing.

I'm pleased to report that I put two recipes together, and came up with a clone recipe for Hidden Valley original ranch dressing (the one from the dry seasoning packet, not the bottled kind).

To prove to you how "identical" the taste is, I served it to our 11 year old grandson who is the mirror image of his Picky-Picky Grandpa, when it comes to picky-ness. As a matter of fact, I think he is even MORE "picky-picky". Grandson gave two thumbs up, went for seconds and described it as "delicious"....Case closed!!
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons chopped parsley (or 2 tsp. dried)
¾ teaspoon black pepper
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
½ teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
2 large pinches dried thyme

Whisk together and chill overnight before using.

NOTE: Don't use this dressing right after you make it; it will NOT taste like ranch dressing. Something magical happens to it after it sits overnight...trust me.
Follow RecipesDream