Loading

VeganMoFo 2011 Coda (Where do we go from here?)



Today is actually the first of November here in Australia, but it is still the 31st of October in the US, so MoFo is still going somewhere in the world. I thought I would just write this quick final post to wrap it all up.

My bookshelf


My cookbook shelf! When I first started MoFo this year, I post a picture of my cookbook shelf. At the time it was only two shelves, and the rest of the books were piled around in various places. I was very happy when my mother suddenly offered me another shelf - now all my vegan cookbooks have a home near the kitchen.

I blogged through a total of 33 cookbooks during this MoFo (there were two posts where I looked at two books), but there were several others that I didn't get to blog - there just weren't enough days in October! I chose the books I had used the most, so the books that didn't make the cut were books that I had only made a couple of things out of, or a few where I haven't made anything at all! (I know of only one person in the world who has attempted something from Great Chefs Cook Vegan... anyone else??).

Here is a list of my other cookbooks, that weren't blogged about during MoFo:

Cafe Flora Cookbook by Catherine Geier with Carol Brown (not 100% vegan)
Colour Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
Fresh From The Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson
Great Chefs Cook Vegan by Linda Long
Kansha by Elizabeth Andoh
Party Vegan by Robin Robertson
Sifully Vegan by Lois Dieterly (I'm afraid I can't recommend this one at all)
The Candle Cafe Cookbook by Joy Pierson and Bart Potenza with Barbara Scott-Goodman
The Complete Guide to Vegan Substitutions by Celine Steen and Joni Marie Newman
The Everyday Vegan by Dreena Burton
The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
Vegan Diner by Julie Hasson
Vegan Desserts by Hannah Kaminsky
Vegan Italiano by Donna Klein
Vive Le Vegan! by Dreena Burton
Yellow Rose Recipes by Joanna Vaught

Not cookbooks as such, though they do contain recipes, I also have Vegan's Daily Companion and The 30 Day Vegan Challenge by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, which are two beautiful books I wouldn't be without.

And, of course, Vegan Pie In The Sky by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero, which landed in my letterbox earlier this week!

While I am very happy to have another shelf for my cookbooks, when I look at them all together I think 'I don't have as many as I thought... I need to get more! Also, there are now some gaps on the shelves because they aren't all crammed in... which means I definitely need to get some more! Though I think I want more than will fit in the space created by my new shelf!

Cookbooks I am keen to get:

American Vegan Kitchen by Tamasin Noyes
Celebrate Vegan by Dynise Balcavage
My Sweet Vegan by Hannah Kaminsky
Quick and Easy Vegan Bake Sale by Carla Kelly
Quick and Easy vegan Comfort Food by Alicia C. Simpson
Sweet Utopia by Sharon Valenick
The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet by Joni-Marie Newman
The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook by Joanne Stepaniak
The Urban Vegan by Dynise Balcavage
Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry
World Vegan Feast by Bryanna Clark Grogan

Please give me your opinions on any of these books, plus any further recommendations!

What is the next cookbook you are hoping to get?

Happy MoFo everyone! I am way behind on reading posts, so I will be doing that over the next month (or two?) and I have found many new blogs to add to my permanent rotation. I hope you have enjoyed stopping by my little corner of the interwebs as well. MoFo has really reignited my love of blogging, so I hope this blog will be a lot more regular from now on! I have some ideas for some semi-regular new segments as well, and of course I will continue to review recipes from cookbooks and have photos of kittens!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo

A photo of my Gizmo. Today is actually Gizmo's birthday - happy birthday my love! I will make a fuller post about Gizmo and her birthday in the next couple of days, once we've had present time when I get home from work tonight!

P.S. Bonus points to anyone who spots the Buffy reference in this post!
Follow RecipesDream