Loading

CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE. CHICKEN LETTUCE SALAD WRAPS RECIPE

CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
GUEST POST
My very special guest post today is presented by my great culinary blogger friend, Ann from USA. Last week , she was busy with her “Thanksgiving menu” and had  prepared a healthy and gourmet dinner-  right on from starters to main meals, desserts and drinks, as well at table settings and cutleries. 
Do visit her at:  http://www.cookinghealthyforme.com
Ann said this in one of her latest posts:  In the cooking world you have what is known as marepoix, which is carrots, celery and onion….the base for many dishes. 
There is also“The Trinity“-which is celery, onions and green pepper.
Here in the south, you have what I called ”The Southern Trinity” – which is mayonnaise, sour cream and cheddar cheese!
A delicious casserole combination but eeek! So bad.for you!

But hey! Don’t worry, I know Ann can fix that and turn them around into healthy ones…
 I can say for certain  that Ann blogs on  healthy, authentic recipes with great photography works and here are three of her favorites:

3-Vintage cherry soup    http://www.cookinghealthyforme.com/2011/08/vintage-recipes-cherry-slump.html


I have taken the liberty to add another name for this guest recipe, that is "chicken lettuce salad wraps" because of google search aspects which i am fanatic about :) .
I will always be very happy, when i get lots of visits/ page views in my blog and i achieved that mainly through google search.. it's lovely and even more loverly if many out there like my recipes and that of my guests  too. Let's hear from Ann:
Hi Everyone!
I was so happy that my friend, Wan, asked me to post a recipe on her site!  I’m always amazed at the interesting posts she provides and the nutritional background and medicinal properties of the foods she’s making!


My name is Ann and I’m over at Cooking Healthy For Me!  I started this blog because my doctor required that I start eating and living a healthy life… I knew I needed to do something to keep me on track and this blog was the delightful answer!  This has helped motivate me AND maintain my weight!
….and the biggest bonus?  The wonderful friends I’ve met, like Wan! 
I am a fan of delicious food – and if it’s healthy – all the better!  One of my favorites are these lettuce wraps.  I hope you enjoy!
 

CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS  
Serves 4 (3 lettuce wraps)
Adapted from Joy Bauer 
Ingredients
  • 4 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
  • 2 stalks celery, finely diced
  • 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
  • 1 (8-oz) can water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
  • 3 scallions (white and green parts) thinly sliced
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound ground chicken
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/3 cup bottled Chinese plum sauce (I used sweet & sour sauce)
  • 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon hot chili paste (I used sweet chili sauce)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted, roasted cashews, chopped (I used salted & roasted pepitas)
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (I used 2 Tablespoons)
  • 1 head Boston or bibb lettuce, cleaned & trimmed (I used Green Leaf lettuce)
Directions
  1. Heat a large non-stick pan to medium high heat.  Spray with non-stick cooking spray.  
  2. Add the carrots, celery, bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions, ginger and garlic. Sauté, stirring until tender, 5 minutes.  Add water if needed to avoid scorching
  3. Add ground chicken to the pan, cook until chicken is no longer pink and crumbly. Season with salt & pepper
  4. Add the plum sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and chili paste.  Stir.  Reduce heat to low and simmer until heated thru.
  5. remove from heat and stir in nuts and cilantro.  Allow to cool slightly.
  6. Serve taco style with lettuce leaves
Calories 298, Protein 27g, Carbs 34g, Total fat 9g, Saturated fat 2g, Fiber 5g, Sodium 610 mg 

Follow RecipesDream