Loading

Christmas countdown: Pickled Beetroot

One of my most treasured possessions is my sister's copy of Delia Smith's Christmas. She gave it to me three years ago, complete with notes on some of Delia's most sensible suggestions (the instruction to have a pre-lunch glass of champagne on Christmas Day is heavily underlined).
I was reading it the other day for relaxation purposes when I found a recipe I hadn't seen before for pickled beetroot and shallots. It was enough of an "a-ha" moment to propel me into the kitchen immediately - and now I have the perfect gift for a friend for whom Christmas is inextricably entwined with the prospect of ham and beetroot.


You can find the recipe here, along with lots of other sage advice about festive food. Just don't forget how much you (and I) deserve that glass of bubbles.

Getting this made has made me feel incredibly organised, though not as organised as the Let's Make Christmas crowd. How are you getting on with your Christmas plans?
Follow RecipesDream