Loading

In situ

Seems hard to believe, but we have been in our new house for a week. I'd love to say this was my new kitchen, but the truth is I can't recall where the camera is so am unable to show you the real deal.

Pretty, don't you think? Image via here
I won't bore you with the details of moving day - I mean, I'm sure you've all gone through it before too - but this particular move has reminded me of childbirth in that I used muscles I didn't know I had (different ones, admittedly) and that the actual move is just the beginning. The cleaning (why, oh why would you leave your house with years' worth of grime encrusted in the kitchen?), the unpacking, the sick child who is awake most of the night for several nights and throwing mega tantrums the rest of the time... suffice to say, there haven't been any gourmet marvels coming out of our new kitchen yet. But the 1980s oven does seem to work well, one of our new neighbours came over with a pot of marmalade, and there are rumours of a tamarillo tree in the garden. So far, so good...

What have you been up to in my absence?
Follow RecipesDream