Loading

Butter Cookies


These are some of the cookies I prepared during the Xmas Holidays. I wanted to try a new dessert that would fit the Dia de Reyes' lunch and some crazy ideas crossed my mind: I pretended to place 3 ball shape pieces of ice creams on the plate (one white, one black and one blond) emulating the 3 kings... lemon, chocolate and vanilla and once on the plate I would place the butter cookies crowns on top.




When I tried it some days before the Reyes day, I had no problem because I prepared only one dish... but the day I had my family here... when preparing the third dish, the ice cream was already melting and my 3 kings looked more like ghosts!!! However, everybody liked the idea and the dessert; specially the kids!

This is how we learn, don't we?


I saw the recipe for the butter cookies in a magazine and thought I could make nice crowns out of them. The precious stones you see are not emeralds and rubies; they are dry sweet fruits.
I finally decided not to show you the creepy result... it might have scared you and this is not a Halloween treat.

Anyway, if you like the idea and want to prepare this dessert, let me give you 2 advices... First, make sure there's only 3 people sitting at your table and second, maybe instead of a ball shape it would be better a round flat shape, then the three crowns would also be flat on the dish and it would make a nicer composition.


Ingredients: 150 grs of wheat flour, 50 grs of whole wheat flour, 110 grs of butter, 130 grs of brown sugar, 2 egg yolks and a pinch of salt. Cover chocolate, some walnuts, some dry sugared fruits and sesame seeds.

  • Mix the nearly melted butter with the sugar until you get a fine mixture. Add the egg yolks one after the other while you use an electric mixer. Slowly add the flour and work the dough until you get a soft mixture.
  • Let rest for 20 minutes aprox at room temperature.
  • Spread the dough over a clean and slightly flour covered surface and shape/cut the cookies.
  • Preheat oven at 180ÂșC and when hot, insert the cookies for 20 to 30 minutes. Depending on your oven and the thickness of the cookies it might take more or less time.
  • When cold, spread the chocolate on them and pour the cover nuts/fruits/seeds you desire.
  • Enjoy!
Remember my Roquefort Lollipop post? I send one of the pictures to a contest and I would appreciate so much your help in the voting pool! Would you do that for me? Please follow the link and vote for my picture if you think it deserves to win :D.

Follow RecipesDream