Loading

CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN. CHICKEN TIKKA RECIPE

RECIPE: CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY  JULIE
SUNSHINE AND HAPPY DAYS ALWAYS TO YOU
GLAD TO BE YOUR FRIEND
I just discovered that today is Julie’s birthday and this guest post is her very first.. I feel honored to have her be my guest on her birthday…. 
CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN
My special guest blogger for this authentic “Chicken Tikka in oven” recipe is Julie from USA, a multi talented lady, especially on culinary skills and bead work or beading craft.
I wish to thank Julie for her willingness to do this guest post for me- she is my first guest for this year 2012  and I also wish her great success in both blogs.
Do visit her two blogs listed 
http://erivumpuliyumm.blogspot.com/            foodie
http://beadingbeads-juls.blogspot.com/        beading craft

Let us now hear from Julie, my wonderful  guest
About me-
I am a home maker presently residing in US ,basically from Kerala in India. Mom of two small kids. I have many hobbies to list down and am a person who makes a try at every damn thing may that be drawing, knitting, poetry, articles writing, crafts, beading or any other stuff related to day to day activities. But am not expert in any of these.

I have no  expertise in cooking too, just started after marriage; but was a keen observer always with my mom. Now cooking has become a passion .I am keen at learning new dishes either by myself (internet, magazines or TV shows) or from others experiences. I modify it according to my family's tastes. I spent most of my time experimenting something innovative as kids get bored very fast, eating the same food.

Chicken tikka masala is one authentic dish of India which the British took along with them other than the Kohinoor Diamond , history speaks. So old is the recipe but always 'Old is Gold ' is apt to this very recipe and who will ever resist these flavors..why to blame the British :-)

You can smell the aromatic dish right from the beginning till the last bite of it. At home, we do not have a proper tandoor , but still we can make this with the same flavor lock and taste, using the oven.. So, here comes the delicious, mouthwatering chicken tikka dry version, a perfect party appetizer!!
Have a nice day, cheers
Julie

CHICKEN TIKKA IN AN OVEN
Ingredients
chicken boneless 2 lb
green bell pepper/ capsicum 1 cube sized cut
*Red bell pepper 1 cube sized
Onion 1 cube sized
for marinade
ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
cilantro 4-5 sprigs
lemon juice half of a lemon
thick yogurt 1 cup
red food colour 1/2 tsp
chilly powder 1 tsp
coriander powder 1 tsp
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
*pepper powder 1/2 tsp
garam masala 1/2 tsp
cumin powder 1/2 tsp
fenugreek leaves crushed 1/2 tsp
salt
oil 3 tbsp

Method
-Make a thick paste using the ingredients listed under marinade.
-Divide the paste into two and add in the chicken in one and the bell peppers, onion to the other bowl.
-Keep it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
-Load it alternately with chicken and bell peppers, onion on the skewers and place on a tray.
-Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F  and cook for 15 minutes each side. Broil the last 3-5 minutes for charred appearance.(optional)
-Remove from oven, cool a bit and serve with squeezed lemon and chat masala!!
 Notes

*I didn't have the red bell peppers in hand and so I haven't used it.
*If you are using the
 bamboo skewers, soak them in water to avoid burning.
(I soaked it for 6 hours.)
*If you are a less spicy eater, you can omit the pepper powder.
*If you 're a vegetarian use the same masala and prepare soya or paneer tikkas and enjoy!!
Follow RecipesDream