Loading

Leftover Ham and Potato Soup Recipe

IMG_7679

I always have grandiose plans for holiday dinner leftovers. But they almost always fail to come to fruition. I'm either burnt out on ham or turkey or mashed potatoes OR I'm just burnt out on cooking (or being in the kitchen) altogether. Maybe you can relate? 


Well, this soup is the solution to all of my problems (and hopefully yours, too.) Starting with the idea of a ham and potato soup (rather than ham and bean, which my husband detests really dislikes), I pulled out the ingredients and washed up a few fresh potatoes. But then I thought to myself, "Self, you have another container in the fridge full of leftover mashed potatoes. Are you really ever going to eat those? Mashed potatoes the second (or twelfth) time around really aren't the best. But put them in a soup and it might be creamy and thick and delicious."  My brainstorm did not lead me astray, friends.

This soup is out-of-this-world delicious and way too easy. Kevin and I were both in love with the taste, the texture, and the perfect combination of leftovers and fresh ingredients. YUM.

IMG_7678 




Leftover Ham and Potato Soup Recipe
recipe by recipesdream.blogspot.com
serves 4

Ingredients
3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1-1/2 cup chopped leftover ham
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 beef bouillon cubes
3 cups water
1 cup milk
1-1/2 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp pepper
for topping (optional)
chili sauce
oyster crackers

Directions
In a small crockpot (slow cooker) combine all ingredients, except toppings (chili sauce and oyster crackers). Stir together. Cook on high 4-5 hours, until celery and onion are softened and soup is fragrant. Serve (with chili sauce and crackers, if desired.)


Subscribe to The dream Recipes
 Follow on Facebook.
Follow RecipesDream