Loading

Pasta Fagioli 2

The Pasta Fagioli 2 Recipe is a little more work than other recipes, but so worth it! I used fresh herbs as I had them growing outside my kitchen. When the time came to fish out the garlic cloves, I couldn't find all of them. I smashed what I found and returned it to the pot. I never did find the others. This was delicious served with Beer Bread I from this site. I'll be making this again

Serve: 4
Prep Time: 50 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 10 Min

Ingredients:
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, with liquid
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
2 quarts water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
7 cloves garlic, whole
12 ounces penne pasta

Method:
In a large pot over medium heat pour in olive oil. Saute whole garlic cloves, onion, bacon and red pepper flakes; cook until onion is translucent.

Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; cook on low for 10 minutes.

Stir in bouillon cubes, cannellini beans and water; cook for 30 minutes. Remove the 7 whole garlic cloves, discard 3 and crush the remaining 4; return to pot.

Add uncooked pasta and continue cooking until pasta is done. Mixture should be slightly soupy. Serve immediately.

Pasta Fagioli 2 Recipe
Follow RecipesDream