Loading

Peanut Butter Vegan Smoothie

Tracy over at Eating Smart with Tracy posted this delicious vegan smoothie on facebook this week.  I tried it on on the family yesterday and everyone sucked it down like it was candy and raved!  I made a couple changes to the recipe. I used the new Blue Diamond almond coconut milk blend (delicious) instead of regular almond milk and added a half scoop of organic Whole Nectar protein (it's a GMO free soy-based vegan protein powder that I got through a Vitamix distributor).  It's great because it's pretty much tasteless, unsweetened protein that can be added to any shakes or smoothies without altering the flavor.  This smoothie tastes like dessert!  Enjoy~ 

Peanut Butter Vegan Smoothie


1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 cup almond milk (I used the coconut almond blend)
2 T cocoa powder (I used one, 2 was a little much for me)
2 T healthy peanut butter (such as Earth Balance)
1/2 tsp agave nectar (I used 1 tsp for the kiddos)
*1/2 scoop Whole Nectar protein

Blend and enjoy.

Great new product that I used in this recipe:


I love this new blend for my shakes and smoothies!  Great calorie count, too, at only 45 calories per serving.

*Kitchen tip:  To have frozen bananas on hand for shakes and smoothies, peel over-ripe bananas and slice in half.  Wrap each half in plastic wrap and put into an airtight container or a freezer ziploc bag.  This way you can pull out 1/2 a banana at a time for your recipes.  Sometimes, I don't need a whole banana in my shakes and this is a great, easy way to freeze and store.
Follow RecipesDream