These is just something so perfect about rice krispies treats! They're quick and easy to make, sweet, crunchy and can be adjusted countless ways! I've posted delicious variations of rice krispies treats before, including S'mores Rice Krispies Treats (amazingly delicious!!), Caramel Turtle Rice Krispies Treats (chocolate and caramel... need I say more), as well as these cute and easy Spring Rice Krispies Treats. This Cookies and Cream version is so easy, and so delicious! My girls loved helping to make them and eat them... and I enjoyed far more than my fair share as well!
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
20 regular oreos, crushed/chopped (about 2 1/2 cups crushed)
5 cups mini marshmallows
3 Tablespoons butter
1. Put rice krispies treats into a large bowl. Spray a 9x13" casserole dish or cake pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
2. In a large plastic (ziplock type) bag, crush oreos (I used a large, flat bottom mug). You want to have some crushed into small pieces, and some bite size chunks. Add oreos to rice krispies and stir to combine.
3. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows together (about 3 minutes). They will expand a LOT, so make sure your bowl is big enough. When the marshmallows are puffy and mostly melted, carefully remove from microwave and stir to fully combine the butter, and make sure the marshmallows are fully melted. *Note you are welcome to do this step in a large pot on the stove if you prefer.
4. Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients. As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9x13" dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
5. Allow to cool (about 20 minutes) before cutting into squares. Eat and enjoy!
Yield- About 24 (2 inch) squares.
Storage- Keep covered with plastic wrap, or in an airtight container 2-3 days.
Variations- This recipe was the third batch I made over a two day trial... the first batch I was sure would be delicious and was topped with a thin layer of melted white chocolate and topped with additional oreos. But my husband and I voted that the white chocolate was a bit over powering for these, but if you love white chocolate, feel free to try them this way. My second try included melting some additional marshmallows to spread over the top in order to adhere some chopped oreos. While these were delicious, they were a little too gooey. The final recipe (as listed above) is the simplest, but our (family) favorite.
Recipes source- I've been dreaming up fancy Rice Krispies treats and thought this would be a delicious combo, but of course a quick google search revealed quite a few others who had the same yummy idea long before me. )
- Follow RecipesDream
- Follow @us