Loading

Red Velvet Cake {Recipe}



Last week I posted some Red Velvet Cupcakes with fondant ribbon roses... here is the cake version.  When I post cupcakes I'm often asked if the recipe would work well for a cake as well... so I figured I'd try both and you can choose your favorite!  This recipe is moist and flavorful and worked beautifully for both the cake and cupcakes.

 Here is the link for the Red Velvet Cake (or cupcakes) Recipe 

This cake is frosted with my favorite Cream Cheese frosting (also included in the recipe linked above).  I frosted the outside as smooth as reasonably possible, added a few swirls of texture on the top, and finished the cake with some red fondant roses.  I have a full tutorial for How to make Fondant Ribbon Roses (here).  The outside of the cake is also adored with a thin red ribbon.  After the cake was frosted and chilled, I simply attached a piece of ribbon to the back of the cake with a dab of icing, wrapped it around a couple times and ended in the back again. 
 

Share this cake with someone you love this week!

If you're still looking for some sweet Valentine's ideas, you can easily search all my Valentine's post HERE
Follow RecipesDream