Loading

Nothing says the holidays like a Cookie Exchange!

I hosted my second annual cookie exchange in our neighborhood last weekend.  It was a lot of fun! We have drinks and hors d'oeuvres, an ornament gift exchange and then exchange our cookies at the end.   I look forward to this event, not only because I adore Christmas time, but I am getting great recipes and ideas for my baking hobby!  I decided to layer my cookie recipe in a jar with attached directions for one of my take home gifts for my friends.  This year I made Cranberry Hootycreeks.  I originally found this recipe on Allrecipes and made them for the first time about 4 years ago.  They are delicious!!  I wanted to share this holiday recipe for your next cookie exchange, or maybe your next craving....

Cranberry Hootycreeks 





Ingredients
1. 5/8 cup unbleached white wheat flour   6. 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2. 1/2 cup rolled oats               7.  1/3 cup organic sugar
3. 1/2 cup white wheat flour           8.  1/2 cup dried cranberries
    4. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda            9.  1/2 cup white chocolate chips
5. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt                       10.  1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions
Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed. 
Attach a tag with the following instructions:
Cranberry Hootycreeks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy.
Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended.
Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.
Fresh from the oven

Treats for my guests


Our delish cookie spread! 
 
Follow RecipesDream