Loading

You bet your boots

I've written before of my love of cowboy boots. And while this article in today's Times by Alex Kuczynski has little to nothing to with food (though margaritas are mentioned) it's a fun look at what happens when a New Yorker goes to Austin and decides to buy cowboy boots. In the words of the writer, cowboy boots are "as comfortable as sneakers but as glamorous as stilettos." Heck, yeah, sister--that's why I've been wearing them for years. She also mentiones there is a dispute between Kansas and Texas over who invented the cowboy boot. Who knew? But since we all know where you can find the better bbq, if they want to lay claim to inventing cowboy boots I think we can give them that small crumb. That said, I've never heard anyone wax poetic about making a pilgrimage to Kansas to buy boots. I'm just saying....
Follow RecipesDream