Loading

Rajmah or Chili

Posted by Smiley1:

I thought I was cooking an Indian dish called Rajmah, but when my son announced that he liked chilli, and started eating voraciously, I decided it must indeed be chili.

I don't actually measure things, so all quantities given are approximate.

Yummy!

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup ginger garlic paste
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jalapeƱo , seeded and chopped

Heat oil, add these aforementioned ingredients, and sizzle for 1 minute

salt
ground cumin
ground coriander
ground turmeric
paprika
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/3 cup catsup

Add these next 7 ingredients, mix well, and simmer 5 minutes while stirring.

2 cans kidney beans, undrained

Mix in undrained kidney beans, and simmer 10 minutes.

I served with brown rice, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced carrot, and plain yogurt, and I think our table looks quite lovely. :happysmile:

My sons didn't eat the rice. I'm the only one around here who likes rice, but they finished up all the vegetables and most of the beans.
Follow RecipesDream