Loading

Egga-Pizza

Posted by smiley1:

Yesterday while I was at work, I smelled my boss's quiche and was reminded of a dish I used to make when I had a child care business. The kids called it "Egga-Pizza" and they requested it at least once a week. 

Serves 5 little boys and one adult.

Beat a dozen eggs.

Chop leftover mixed vegetables. (You can use any vegetables. I recommend broccoli, zucchini, onion, garlic, spinach, and/or tomato, but my kids liked corn, peas, lima beans, and diced carrots.)

You will also need a half pound of shredded cheese, any type you like. I like feta, mozzarella, and provolone, but my kids liked mozzarella and mild cheddar.

Melt butter into a wide, non-stick pie tin. Pour eggs into hot melted butter. Top with vegetables. It will sink into the eggs somewhat, but mostly stay near the top. Pour leftover or canned spaghetti or pizza sauce over the vegetables. Top with cheese and bake until eggs are firm. Let cool slightly, then slice into wedges and serve with fried potatoes and sliced fruit. Some kids like ketchup or ranch dressing on it.

I haven't cooked this in four years, so I hope I'm remembering it correctly.
Follow RecipesDream