Loading

CrockPot Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Carrots



Day 89.


mmmm. These taste like candy. Eleisia posted this recipe a few weeks ago during Slow Cooker Thursday and I knew right away that I needed to try it. I added cinnamon and omitted much of the ginger because the last time I used ginger, I ended up having to eat the whole dish myself.




The Ingredients.
--4 cups of baby carrots
--1/2 cup of orange juice
--2 T honey
--1 T butter
--1/4 t ginger
--1/2 t cinnamon
--1/4 t each of salt and pepper


The Directions.

I threw everything in together and cooked on high for 4 hours. When the time was up, I stirred to distribute the spices.

Very easy. If you have a longer slot of time to fill, cook on low--checking at about 6 hours. I like my carrots al dente, without any mush---but I know a lot of people like them softer.


The Verdict.

These were perfectly cooked and the flavor was fantastic. There was a hint of sweetness without being too sicky sweet.

The kids gobbled them up eagerly.

This would be a great take-a-long to a family dinner, or to serve with a holiday meal.

Thank you, Eleisia!
Follow RecipesDream