Loading

CrockPot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe




Day 97.
Last night my husband took my eldest daughter to the Daddy Daughter Dance held in the school cafeteria.

When my daughter burst through the front door pink-cheeked and out of breath, she yelled, "Mom! They had the best food ever!" I was instantly intrigued---what magical feast was served at this $30/pair event?


Teriyaki chicken and white rice.


Dude. That, I can make.


The Ingredients.
--chicken pieces. I used frozen wings and drumettes, but you can use whatever body parts you have on hand.
--if you have bottled teriyaki sauce, you are done. Just make it the lazy way--and use about 3/4 of a cup.

I wasn't lucky enough to be lazy, because we were out of bottled teriyaki, and I wasn't about to put off cooking "the best food ever."

I used this:

--1/2 cup soy sauce (La Choy is gluten free, and so is Tamari Wheat Free)
--3 T brown sugar
--1 T sherry (I think tequila would work, too)
--3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic


The Directions.

--plop your chicken in the crockpot
--cover it up with the sauce

cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5. If you are using frozen pieces, it will take longer than if you are using thawed or fresh chicken. Different pieces of chicken also have different density, and that will also effect cooking time. If you are going to be out of the house, cook on low. You can always switch it to high later.


The Verdict.


The kids gobbled every last drumette and wing I made. They were like savage beasts.
Follow RecipesDream