Loading

Thick Garlic Curry

This Garlic Curry had been my favourite comforting one, whenever i get affected by cold or when iam in short of vegetables, I prepare this Thick Garlic Pulusu.  My brother hates garlic to the core extent. if he see me eating garlic, he won't touch me that day or till he forgets that. My mom used to have a very difficult time in handling garlic in food for my brother. But my brother dont mind eating garlic in other people's house or at the restaurants. funny isn't it?

Coming to this Garlic Curry..I just followed the recipe from one of my favourite cook book..AVM 'N' Mangayar Choice-3

Poondu Kuzhambu

Ingredients:

 Shallots/Small Onions- 1 cup(12 nos.)
 Garlic-10
 Tomatoes-1
 Tamarind-lemon size (soaked in 1/4 cup of warm water and squeeze to get thick pulp)
 Turmeric Powder-1/2 spoon
 Curry leaves-8 - 10

For Tadka / Thalippu

 Oil- 8 tbspoons
 Mustard-1/4 spoon
 Urad dal-1/4 spoon
 Fenugreek-8 seeds

 Fry the following in a tbsp of oil:

 Red Chilli-3
 Corriander seeds-1 spoon
 Pepper- 1 spoon
 Cumin- 1/4 spoon
 Fennel-1/4 spoon

and grind along with some water and 
 Cashews - 8 nos.

Method:


arrow_42 In a kadai, heat a spoon of oil, fry all these red chilli,corriander seeds,cumin,pepper and fennel. after frying them till they attain golden color, cool them and grind them into a paste along with the cashews and some water.


arrow_42 In a kadai, heat the remaining oil, add mustard, when it pops, add fenugreek and urad dal. fry them.


arrow_42 Now add small onions(Madras Onions/Sambhar Onions) and Garlic. fry them well, till they get cooked. add tomatoe slices and salt. let the tomato get cooked.


arrow_42 Now add turmeric powder and the grinded paste. mix well.


arrow_42 Now add the tamarind water and water required for your consistency. let them boil.


arrow_42 Add curry leaves and switch off the stove.

Thick Garlic Curry

Now This Thick Garlic Curry is on its way to JIHVA-Garlic hosted by Mathy.
Follow RecipesDream