Loading

CrockPot Korean Ribs Recipe




Day 101.





Happy Slow Cooker Thursday! I completely forgot all about SCT last Thursday. Make up for it today by visiting Sandra twice!
These are quite possibly the very best ribs I have ever had. They were so good they made my eyes roll backwards, which is nearly impossible right now because I have a hive on it.

Yes.
I have a hive on my EYEBALL. My left one. It's been rather windy here lately, so the pollen count has been absurdly high. I evidently got some pollen in my eye and since my body is oh-so-very-dramatic, my eye took it upon herself to grow a buddy.

lovely.
But! Back to the ribs! They are the bomb. And I'm not just saying that because I've taken it upon myself to medicate with everything I can get my hands on.
those girl scout cookies I hid never had a chance...

I got this recipe from Stefania at City Mama. I am thrilled to have "met" her--not only is she incredibly smart and funny, she is an awesome cook.


The Ingredients.
--package of beef short ribs (or pork!)
--1 cup soy sauce (La Choy and Tamari Wheat-Free are gluten free)
--1 cup brown sugar
--5 whole jalapeno peppers (Stefania used 10. Use what you think is appropriate for your family.)
--1/2 cup water

The Directions.
I plopped frozen solid beef ribs into the crockpot. I didn't even think of browning them, just for Jennifer.

I then put the soy sauce, water and brown sugar on top, and threw in the WHOLE (don't cut them!) jalapenos on top.

Since my ribs were frozen, I cooked them on high for an hour, then used a wooden spoon to smash them down further into the crock. Then I cooked on low for another 8 hours.

If you are out of the house all day, cook on low. When you get home, turn the ribs over so the other side gets fully saturated with the most-awesome-liquid-ever while you change clothes and set the table.

We served this with brown rice and green beans.

The Verdict.

The kids ate this! I am not even lying! I took pictures, but promised Adam I wouldn't put them on the Internet--but they totally ate the meat.

I was brave and tried a jalapeno. The first bite of just skin was really tasty, but I got the seeds in the next bite and I thought I was going to pass out.

The meat and the sauce were not spicy, they just had a wonderful smoky flavor.

Thank you, Stefania!
Go see Sandra!
Write about pork!

Follow RecipesDream