Loading

Turkey Cutlets in Mango Salsa CrockPot Recipe


Day 102.


I got this recipe from Karin. Sort of. She uses porkchops. I found turkey breast cutlets on sale the other day at the grocery store and decided to bring them home. I was excited to read Karin's email, because I had no idea what I was going to do to keep this turkey from being dry and boring.


The mango salsa did a great job at tenderizing the turkey and kept it from drying out. This is definitely a low-to-no fat recipe. I didn't use a drop of oil.


The Ingredients.
--1 lb of turkey breast cutlets. Or pork.
--1 can tomatoes and chiles
--2 mangoes
--2 peaches
--1 T dried minced onion
--1/4 cup water

The Directions.

--peel and chop up the fruit. Mother Nature most certainly had a sense of humor when she developed mangoes. Those things are ridiculously hard to cut.
--in a small bowl, combine the can of tomatoes and chiles with the chopped fruit, water, and dried onion flakes.

--lay the pieces of meat into the bottom of the crock--slightly stagger the pieces so they don't stick together.

--cover with your newly-made salsa

According to the salsa experts you are supposed to use cilantro in salsa to make it "real"---I didn't have any--yet! I'm working on it...

cook on low for 5-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. If you use turkey, it will be a bit tough if you cook it on high.




The Verdict.

We ate this with some leftover brown rice and green beans. It was a good meal, and the kids ate it after they realized that I gave them mostly mango. They adore mango.

Thank you so much, Karin!!!
Follow RecipesDream