Loading

Coconut Milk Sambhar/Thengai Paal Sambhar

H MotherImg:karens. My mom's Very Special Coconut Milk Sambhar.

My Dad want this sambhar daily for his dinner..so imagine how special it would have been...that my dad demands it daily.
Ingredients:
1.Tuvar Dal(Boiled and Mashed)-1/4 cup
2. Coconut Milk-100ml/Thick Milk of a Coconut
3. Garlic-5 cloves(crushed)
4.Turmeric Powder-a pinch
5. Red Chilli-4
6. Corriander Leaves-2 spoons
7. Mustard-1/4 spoon
8.Asafoetida powder-a pinch
9.Salt-as required
10.Curry Leaves-8
Method:
Boil The Tuvar Dal and mash it and keep aside. In a kadai, add a two spoon's of oil, on heated, add mustard. when it pop's, add asafoetida powder, and the red chilli's. when the chilli's are roasted, add crushed Garlic pieces. Now add the Tuvar dal mashed and add a little water, let it boil and add the coconut milk. add salt, turmeric powder, curry leaves and Corriander leaves. mix well and let it get heated for a minute. dont allow it to boil, as the coconut milk may start curdling. serve with pappad's or with Potato Roast/chip's.
Note: The sambhar should not be very Thick.
Whenever I feel Home Sick, I prepare this and cherish the memories that i had along with my parents on the dinner table.
My little one Surprised me with a Happy Mother's Day Card, signed by him..his scribblings really meant a lot..and the card was really an energy booster to me. I should become a better mom from now on...
Follow RecipesDream