Loading

CrockPot Fried Rice Recipe

Day 123.
It's day 1 2 3! Which is more amusing to me than it should be with no coffee in sight.

So lets just say that you've been using your crockpot every single day and your refrigerator has a million little plastic containers in it filled with meat and veggies and rice and quinoa. And your kids are a bit tired of eating "mommy's leftovers!" for breakfast and lunch so you need a way to disguise them. Because you can't throw away food due the starving children thing and the global food shortage thing and you're Scottish.

You can use your leftovers to make fried rice.

for reals.

in the crockpot.

I know! It totally blew my mind, too.


The Ingredients.
--2 cups leftover rice/quinoa
--3 T butter
--2 T soy sauce
--2 t worcestershire sauce
--1/2 t black pepper
--1/4 t kosher salt
--1/2 diced yellow onion
--1 cup of whatever frozen or fresh vegetables you have on hand. (I had a bit of asparagus, some carrots and peas)
--leftover meat (I had leftover chicken and 3/4 of a cheeseburger patty from a restaurant--I told you I was Scottish!)
--1 egg
--sesame seeds for garnish (optional)


The Directions.

Plop everything on in there together.

Mix it around, and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 3-4. You are only heating everything up and cooking the egg.


The Verdict.


This tasted great! The kids were happy, and Adam happily ate 2 bowls.

Now I have one tupperware in the fridge instead of seventy-eight gazillion, which makes me happy.

Happy Friday!

Follow RecipesDream