Loading

CrockPot Stuffed Peppers Recipe


Day 131.

Oh these were good. You've got to try this recipe. The night I made these, Adam and I were

heading out to see the amazingly wonderful Jen Scharpen perform a reading. In a restaurant. Where they have restaurant food. So I figured I'd just cook these puppies up, take some pictures and do a tiny taste test.

Instead, I devoured two.

And didn't eat restaurant food.

They were that good.



The Ingredients.

--enough peppers to fit your crockpot. I have a 6qt oval Smart Pot, and six nestled perfectly in the stoneware

--1 lb lean ground beef

--1 cup cooked rice

--1 can flavored tomatoes (I used fire roasted, Italian would work. If you don't have flavored, add 1/2 t italian seasoning)

--1 t gluten free worcestershire sauce

--2 T ketchup

--1 t black pepper

--1/3 cup water



The Directions.

in a bowl, mix the ground beef and rice with all the stuff (except for the water and the peppers)

wash and clean out the peppers. Save the tops.

Stuff each pepper with a good amount of the ground beef and rice mixture

Nestle the peppers into your crock and put the little pepper tops back on.

Pour in 1/3 cup of water around the bases of the peppers

cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked these for exactly 8.


The Verdict.

I didn't offer these to the kids for dinner. They knew we were going out, and I fed them macaroni and cheese. The next day my little one "helped" me eat leftovers for lunch.

The peppers had an amazing roasted flavor, and the meat was cooked nicely with out a hint of grease--which was a fear I had.

Follow RecipesDream