Loading

CrockPot Ginger Beef with Onions and Garlic


Day 214.

Good morning! I can not wrap my brain around the fact that it's August already.

August!

We had this for dinner last night before heading to the park for a community concert. It was a rather chilly night, and I was glad that we had some hot food in our bellies before heading out.

The Ingredients.

--1-2 pounds beef strips
--1/2 cup broth, white wine, beer, or apple juice. I used chicken broth.
--1 yellow onion, cut in rings
--1 whole head of garlic, peeled
--1/2 t ground black pepper
--1 inch peeled and grated ginger

The Directions.

Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray, or put a bit of olive oil in the bottom. Add your meat. Chop up the onion, and peel all of the garlic. Throw that into the pot. Add the ginger and black pepper. Top with whatever liquid you plan on using.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, depending on how thick of a piece of meat you are using, and whether or not it's frozen. I used fresh beef strips and it cooked VERY quickly on low---it was completely done after 6 hours.

I should have used a smaller crockpot. This is a good amount of food for a 4qt. If you are going to use a larger crockpot, consider adding a whole cup of liquid.

The Verdict.

I served this over brown rice pasta. I was pleased with how tender the meat was and how the garlic caramelized. I'd make this again, but in a smaller crockpot. my 6 qt was much too big for this amount of food. The meat wasn't spicy, and the kids ate it fine. I didn't offer them any of the garlic or onions.

This will give you stinky breath. Consider yourself warned.
Follow RecipesDream