Loading

Drunken Chicken's Croquettes

There's only the two of us now: my daughter and I. My husband spends the day out, working in Barcelona city and my "baby" and I spend the day... in front of the computer!!!! She goes to Imvu, to Messenger, to her blog and to YouTube and I go to your blogs :D and write my posts. I still cannot believe how fast time goes by when I'm in the net!

I think that this month is Google's 10 Aniversary and I want to offer them this post with all my love and gratitude for letting me discover one of my life passions and let me enjoy it for FREE!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart guys!

I've downloaded Google Chrome navigator. It's still in Beta but I think I couldn't go back to Explorer... it's so easy to manage, so friendly, so neat... I encourage you all to try it :D. Thanks again Google for this new wonderful tool!

Back to the chicken that's getting a bit bored up there waiting... as I was telling you, since we are only two for lunch here I made this drunken chicken with two purposes: First to eat their tender and crunchy legs for lunch and second, to have supertasty croquettes for dinner for the 3 of us.

Drunken Chicken. Ingredients for 4 servings: 1 chicken, 2 tablespoons of dry thyme, 2 tablespoons of dry oregano, some olive oil, salt and black ground pepper and half a can of beer.
  • Clean and wash the chicken, dry it and rub it with the mixture you will have ready: the herbs, salt and pepper and enough olive oil to get a fine texture. 
  • Preheat the oven to 200ÂșC.
  • Place the chicken in an oven recipient and pour the beer inside it and over it. Place in the middle rack for 80 minutes aprox. It depends on the size of your chicken. 
With the two breasts and wings prepare the croquettes.

Drunken Chicken Croquettes. Ingredients for 4 or more servings: 2 chicken breasts and its wings, 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour, 2 glasses of milk, 2 medium onions, 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, olive oil, salt and black ground pepper, 1 egg and some breadcrumbs.
  • Let the breasts rest into the chicken's remaining sauce during some time in the fridge.
  • Take the skin off the breasts and the bones and cut the meat in small pieces. Keep the chicken's sauce.
  • Heat a sauce pan with some olive oil in it (enough to cover the surface) and add the onions chopped in small dices. Stir and wait until transparent and soft.
  • Add the chicken pieces. If needed, add some more olive oil. Mix and stir with the onion, if it gets too dry after a while, add some of the chicken's sauce. Cook at medium heat until it becomes a paste (minimum 12 minuts, stirring all the time). If you don't succeed much, use a food processor to get that paste.
  • Once you have it, add the flour outside the heat, stir and when you don't see it anymore put the pan back to the heat and add the milk little by little while stirring. After 5 minutes aprox. add the nutmeg.
  • When the paste doesn't get adhered to the sides of the pan it means that is done. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
  • Let it cool down at room temperature first, covered with a cloth and once cold, place in the fridge.
Now, when the paste is cold and only when it's cold, wash your hands carefully and shape the croquettes. Beat the egg in a bowl and put the croquettes in, one by one, so that they get the egg all around, then, place them in a bowl full of breadcrumbs and coat them.
  • Heat some olive oil in a pot (I don't have a frying machine and the pot helps). Don't let the oil burn, when you see it's hot enough throw the croquettes in one by one. They should fry and get this beautiful golden colour.
  • Once golden, place over some kitchen paper to let there the excess of oil.
You will love them!!! And your kids... more!

I'm sending the croquette's picture to darlings Bee and Jai and their wonderful Click Event. This month's theme is Crusts... hope that the croquette's coating is considered a crust... :D

If you want to know what I would have as a first to complete this menu, then try this: Zucchini's Puree.
Follow RecipesDream