Loading

Fancy Cheese Fondue Little Dipper Recipe


Day 270.

It's Friday Fondue Day! I've had quite a few fondue recipes bookmarked on the computer and torn out of magazines, but I haven't made any yet. I don't really know why, and since I have less than 100! days to go, I figured I better get cracking.

So, for the next few Fridays, I'm going to post a fondue recipe until I run out. That means that my Friday Fondue Day will really be on Thursday.

I made this in a Little Dipper, but you can use any small crockpot, or insert an oven-safe dish into your big one. Or you can quadruple everything and have a big vat of cheesiness.

The Ingredients.

--1/4 cup each of 3 "fancy" cheeses. I used goat, gruyere, and swiss
--1/4 cup white wine
--1/2 tsp nutmeg

The Directions.

Shred the hard cheese and put them in the Little Dipper. Add the goat cheese. Pour in the white wine and sprinkle the nutmeg on top. No need to stir---it will melt together.

Plug in the Little Dipper. Cook for 45 minutes, then stir. Cover again and heat until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Serve with bread, croutons, crackers, or your favorite dipping vegetables.

I made large croutons out of a loaf of Trader Joe's Brown Rice bread. All I did was brush olive oil on both sides, and sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper. Then bake at 400 until golden, flipping once.

The Verdict.

Very tasty. The kids really liked this more than I wanted them to. I kind of thought this was going to be a grown-up snack, but they ate a LOT. I'm envisioning a fondue party in our future.
Follow RecipesDream