Loading

John McCain's Rib Recipe--in the CrockPot


Day 307.

Did you know that John McCain had a famous rib recipe? I had no idea, but was excited to see a post on BlogHer listing the ingredients.

These are the most simple ribs I've ever made, and they are good. Really good.


Obama's chili is coming up tomorrow!


The Ingredients.


--4 lbs of ribs (I used beef, but you can certainly use PORK)
--2 T garlic powder
--2 T kosher salt

--2 T black pepper
--3 lemons, juiced

The Directions.


I used a 6.5 qt crockpot. 4 lbs of ribs fit comfortably, but I maybe could have squeezed in another pound.

Cut the ribs to fit your crockpot. In a small bowl, combine the dry spices.

Rub the rack of ribs with the dry mixture, covering all sides of the ribs. Put them into your crockpot. If you have extra seasoning, pour on top.


Squeeze the lemons (use one of those hand-held juicer things, to make sure all the juice gets out) on top of the ribs.


Cover and cook on low for 7-10 hours, or on high for about 5. The meat will be more tender if you cook it on low.


Serve with corn on the cob and baked potatoes.

The Verdict.

I've never made ribs in the crockpot with a dry rub before. I was nervous that they'd get awfully tough and burn. I couldn't have been farther from the truth. The meat was flavorful, tender, and juicy. The lemon gave a neat tartness I've never had with ribs before. The kids ate the meat, and there were happy noises at the table. They've asked me to make this again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pst. as an FYI, I'm not going to post any comments with a political slant. ;-0
Follow RecipesDream