Loading

A Sweet to Celebrate!

Well it happened finally! I was eagerly waiting for the article to release since the time I was contacted. This happened sometime after the Dosa Mela. Joanne contacted me to ask if I would like to feature my recipe in The Indian American Magazine, I was elated!

She wrote back last week saying her article on "Deconstructing Dosa" is published in the Nov-Dec issue of The Indian American magazine. It features my Basic dosa recipe. Since the magazine is available only in print form, I was sad that I couldn't get a copy of that. But she sent in pictures of the article, a very well written on the love and beauty of Dosa. Thank you Joanne!

For crispy Dosa, you can use this proportion.


Konda saw me reading this article and asked why I was grinning at the monitor. I said Mummy's recipe is featured in a book Konda. She said Oh, show me. Then she read the complete sentence and then my name along with the blog name. Of course the credit goes to Amma, since its her recipe.

I thought I will share a new sweet dish that Athamma prepared for Karthigai Deepam. Though traditionally we make Pori Urundai, this year I couldn't as I never learnt it from Amma. And I wasn't up to calling up Amma for getting the recipe.

This payasam is a very different one, more like the Ada Pradhaman. This uses rolled out chapati strips that are cooked in the payasam. Tasted simply too good.

I was forced to take couple of days off as my system gave up on me. Hopefully will be back to regular blogging from coming week.



Ingredients Needed:

Chapati dough for 1 ball
Jaggary - 1/2 cup (or as per taste)
Wheat flour - 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder a pinch
Water - 1 cup
Roasted Nuts 1 tbsp


Method to prepare:

Melt the jaggary in a pan, remove scum if any. Then cooking for 5 mins.

Meanwhile, roll out the chapati ball into a disc of 1 inch size or as you do your regular chapati.

Cut long strips of 1 inch size, these will be of small diamond cookies. Heat a pan with water, once it starts boiling, add these chapati cookies. Simmer and let it get cooked for 5 mins.

Mix the wheat flour in a bowl with water to get a lump less batter. Slowly add this to the boiling chapati rolls.

Then after 10 mins, add the jaggary water. Cover and cook again for 10 mins or till the chapati is well cooked. Add the cardamon powder and mix well.

Finally garnish with roasted nuts.
Follow RecipesDream