Loading

Peking Pork Chops

I made these pork chops the same day that I made the Apricot-Orange chops, and packed them off to send off to my friend Stephanie, and family.

That was weeks ago.


I just heard yesterday that they liked them. Since I handed off so much food, she froze these chops and reheated them for dinner the other day. I love it that these pork chops not only tasted good, they withstood being slow-cooked, frozen, and reheated. And I'm thrilled that I was able to contribute to a freezer-stash, yay!

I tweaked Margo's "Peking Chops," she posted in the comments of the
original Pork Post to include 5-spice powder, because I love that stuff. I also upped the garlic. Because that stuff is golden.

The Ingredients.


6 pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon ginger

1 teaspoon 5 Spice Powder

1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce

1/4 cup ketchup

4 cloves garlic, chopped

(there is a box of salt pictured, but I didn't use any; the soy sauce was plenty)


The Directions.


gosh it's so cold in this house it's hard to type.


I used a 4 quart crockpot. Put chops into the stoneware. In a small bowl, combine sugar, spices, soy sauce, ketchup, and garlic. Pour evenly over the top of chops. No need to add any other liquid.
If you had an onion in the house, it might be a nice addition, but not necessary for flavor.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4. If your chops are frozen they will take longer to cook. The longer you cook the meat, the more tender it will, but it might fall off the bone (which is fine in my mind, but some people really like intact meat).


Serve with rice and veggies; ladle sauce on top.

The Verdict.


Stephanie said her kids (9 and 13) really liked their dinner, and made yummy noises at the table. She also said her husband ate too much. I did sneak a bite and liked the flavor an awful lot--it was tangy with a slight ginger aftertaste.
Thank you Margo!
Follow RecipesDream